Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Malifeaux, Wizkids & Bit Swap buys

It's been a busy past few days. Sunday was spent attending the Out of the Basement gaming groups bit swap. I managed to part with some items, while keeping within my $100 spend limit. Thus although my wife may disagree, I did 'make' some money when the sun set.

I got these 2 Infinity biker kits for a sweet $10.00. Not sure what I will use them for, but they have a definate cool factor to them.


$1.00 for each of the Reaper Bones. 2 of them are more sci-fi & I hope to see them used for Rogue Stars. The last fella will be a good zombie apocalypse survivor.


One of the sellers is moving & so had quite a stack of boardgames & miniatures to move along. I got this Terraclips set with clips box for $15.00. Was glad to see it was one I needed for the others I have, as they are getting harder to find these days.


I also got these Predator Hounds for $2.00


This box of LOTR Rangers $15.00


And lastly, not appearing with a photo, was 2 old Delaque Necroumunda squads.

This evening I went to the club meeting where Kieran & his friend Keith introduced myself & Tyler to an introduction to Malifeaux. We each played a single Emissary figure. I chose the Dragon.



I was pitted against a Whiskey Golem, some larger Turtle thing & an Oriental Warrior of some type.




The game allowed us to learn the mechanics of the cards & how you get negative & postive flips. Also how the suits played can affect the action, allowing abilities to trigger.

It seemed a little overwhelming to start, however both Kieran & Keith did a good job of explaining. Thanks guys for doing this!

As our club now plays in a local hobby store, one cannot help but walk past the 'NEW ITEMS' conveniently located near the entrance.

I saw these new Wizkid kits.





And of course had to bring them home with me. Good thing there is but one more club night before Christmas!

8 comments:

  1. You managed to pick up a bargain or two there Terry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, one never knows what they will find at a swap meet.

      Delete
  2. A truly excellent haul, and that "adventurer's campsite" has gone straight onto my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its definitely appealing while I wait for the terrain crate from Mantic Kickstarter

      Delete
  3. Ooooh those terrain boxes are really nice! I need to have a look for those

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tuesday was the first time I'd seen them & had never heard anything about them prior

      Delete
    2. Thanks Brent, I figured you already have these!

      Delete