Sunday, June 17, 2018

Campaign Preparations

As I read ahead of what's coming in our Frostgrave Campaign, I realize I have some work ahead to prepare.

Today I finished off some rubble bits. The next game of the Hunt for Golem will have the potential for falling rubble. So with that in mind I made some fallen blocks.


These were fashioned from some pieces of foam I had saved for just such occurances. Amongst them is one piece of the standard 'white' foam, but as you can see, the best results were from the 'pink' foam which is much more workable.

As we move onto the Thaw of the Lich Lord after the current Golem series. I see the scenario involving the river & boats. So seeing these 2 ancient cranes made by Sarissa for Gangs of Rome, I figured they would be good for the Frostgrave games as well. There are 2 versions, a Small Treadwheel & the Large Treadwheel. 



I will be sure to do a blog post of them when they are completed.

Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

  1. Dude - your dedication to this project is admirable. Your passion comes through both in your words and your deeds. Thanks for all the inspiration!

    Peace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW thanks Brent, your comment is well appreciated. I can say the same for your desire in making your Imperial Assault / D&D games pop with Dwarven Forge & 3D terrain. Cheers!

      Delete
  2. Those rubble bits look superb! I was going to ask where you got them from, only to read that there were originally pieces of foam - outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, I have a nasty habit of saving all the pieces when I do project, got boxes & bags scattered about with bits in them. Same with foam core. I actually got all the pink foam from a construction site. They were going to bin the cast off's & I asked if I could take them instead.

      Delete
  3. Rubble looks great. Love the look of those treadmill cranes. Will be cool to see how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon, I took the wrapping off the smaller one. Just looking over the instructions to determine when stuff needs to be primed / painted. I will need to get the inside of the wheel painted before construction.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete