Monday, July 30, 2018

Frostgrave Critters & some more arrivals!

Another hot weekend here in Alberta so I slipped off to the basement to spend some cool time painting some more figures for Frostgrave.

This time around, I've completed another 4 Ghouls (Plastic Mantic)



As well as 2 more bears. Both are metal, one on the right being orignally a Werebear figure from RAFM/Ral Partha. The one on the left I think may be Reaper.



It was also a week for some more arrivals, Last Days Zombie Apocalypse. With all the other Zombie games I have, what is one more rules book?


I also received my latest Nickstarter for Dracula's America. Just showing the book, as the miniatures are unpainted.


This was also the week of the latest launch by GW for Kill Team. As it is a skirmish game, I finally took the plunge into the 40K realm. I do like the kits having a squad & terrain! The 2 player starter box was maxxed out inside with sprues almost overflowing as the lid was removed.


Lastly another Kickstarter arrived, this time my Tablescapes Realms. I wanted these to add to what I have from my older Dwarven Forge stuff. Once painted, they will see some action in the underground Frostgrave games.



So certainly a busy week of gaming goodness! Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

  1. Wow some great bits here mate, love that cavern set!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well here's to hoping you will love it more once I get them painted 8D.

      Delete
  2. Those ghouls look brilliant Terry, love them. I picked up the 'Last Days' rules too, but not gone further than looking at the pictures at the moment. As for Kill Team, a couple of us were talking about this the other day, they are big fans of 40K, but I have not got into it so we were hoping that this might be the way go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, I do like the Mantic Ghouls, & stuck mainly with the unarmed variants as I figure these are more about tearing things apart with their teeth & nails. Last Days saw a bit of a blip on our local gaming social sites, so figured I may as well jump on board. I've avoided getting into both Warhammer / 40K mainly due to my slow painting. I am happiest playing Skirmish style games, so Mordheim, Necromunda, Frostgrave etc. Kill Team fills that niche nicely, loving the combined squad /terrain boxes. Not sure when I will get to them to paint, soooo many things ahead! However we can always hope eh!

      Delete
  3. The ghouls look very nice, terry. Great paint jobs on very nice figures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ghouls they look great. Some exciting projects coming up. Look forward to seeing how the last days rules pan out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon, there was a bit of a stir locally with several guys getting those rules, with all the zombie games I have & thus lots of miniatures, I figured what was 1 more set of rules hehe.

      Delete