Saturday, August 25, 2018

Escape from Colditz!

This past Tuesday I brought out Escape from Colditz for the guys as the club.

I had 4 players (prisoners) scrambling about to gather the stuff needed to aid in their escapes while I played the German guards.

One of the conversations was which edition & year my copy is. It has the Gibsons Games logo on the sides, though from looking at Boardgame Geek, this isn't the 1973 version, so I am guessing 2nd ed?


The prisoners at the start of the game. Each colour represents a different allied nations prisoners.


We set a 2 hour limit (as we were playing at the store). The players began running about gathering equipment, which of course allowed me to start arresting them & putting them in solitary. I filled these first 2 cell blocks quite quickly.

I would suggest the players didn't really plan working together, they consistently left the guard spaces free for me to keep repopulating them & then snagging yet another prisoner to send to solitary. 


Chen did manage to make a run for it with 1 prisoner, however I had the Shoot to Kill card held in my hand & managed to bag him before he got away.

As it stood, time ran out & I had got the 'win' for preventing any escapes. Good little game without oodles of bits & pieces, apart from the meeples, & a few decks of cards.

I then got home to find a parcel awaiting me. My Deluxe copy of Big Trouble in Little China had arrived!!!!! 

 

The deluxe version allows for 5-6 players instead of the 1-4. I will be taking some vacation & hope to solo play a game of this before taking to Scott's next Saturday.
I've been watching some of the playthrough videos on YouTube & it looks like its going to be a blast!
 
 Stay tuned...
 

4 comments:

  1. I love Colditz, one of my favourite games of all time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been too long since playing it last to be sure. I agree its a great game!

      Delete
  2. I still have my old copy of Colditz too and remember many rnjoyable hours of play with my children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zabadak, best of all, no miniatures to paint for it! I am sure this game will see the table at the club again, easy game to set up in case we have a surge of players & need a game of something.

      Delete