Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Frostgrave Flailing Wretches

The astute among you will have caught the apparent addition of an 'L' into the word Failing. This was intentional as the more I look upon the figures I've decided on to fill out my Failing Wretches, have arms, that are shall we say, more Popeye like. Now I do own the actual Failing Wretch figure made my Northstar, however the scenarios call for several. Not wanting the same single figure I began my search.

Checking some miniature makers came up short on options. Then I started looking at various 3d print files on Thingverse & came upon

Imps x3 by DuncanShadow



 I then asked one of the fellows who plays in the campaign if he could try printing these on his 3d printer. He was happy to help with our campaign, though was leery of the quality it would make.

I am not 3d printer savvy, so waited.

They turned out quite well! These are the 3 from the files provided.



Andrew then printed out 2 more sets to give us 9.


Now the description of a Failing wretch is that they generally appear as old fat men, with stringy hair, and long curving fingernails.  Thus I tried adding some greenstuff locks to a couple of them.

I also opted for a Jaundiced look to their skin as their touch causes Decaying Touch. 


So as these fellows have the larger arms, I may make them Fight +2 as our games are always multi-player.

That's one of the wonderful things about Frostgrave, the ability to adapt & create creatures to match what you have on hand.

Of course the actual Failing Wretch figure should be done for my next painting post.

Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

  1. Now I like these, not sure I would have realised that they 3D prints if you hadn't mentioned it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, these are the first 3d printing things I've painted up. Lots of items to 3d print out there!

      Delete
  2. Hard to tell that these are 3D prints - they're excellent, imho, btw and I like your chosen colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zabadak, definately wanted them different. I see that Kev went with a greenish skin, but with Zombies & Ghouls already having that, it was time for something different

      Delete
  3. These look so good! Nice work Terry. I am really impressed with these.

    ReplyDelete