Thursday, July 1, 2021

Stargrave - Objective Markers

In an earlier post I provided a look at what I had printed from a file I had gotten from Thingeverse. After my buddy Scott & I were chatting about needing some, I chose these ones by Obsidian Prime. Today I was able to spend some time painting & managed to finish up some of the Objective tokens.

 

I reduced these canisters in scale as printing at 100% would have been these huge monstrosities, which quite frankly would not be possible for a person to carry. There were several options, but I chose 2 that I really liked to represent the Physical Loot.

 

The Canisters & the little droid that kind of looks like a Roomba

 

After painting them up, it was time to poke around the old decal box to see what I could use to add to them.

 


Several old GW decals & some WW2 ones fit the bill. I've also got some Data Loot tokens also from Obsidian Prime on the paint table & hope to get them done by weekend's end.

I also revved up my FDM printer, but realize I need to move it away from the overhead vent as it seems I am getting some lifting off the bed on that side. This is even with very little air coming from it....but I guess its enough. Moving it will prove if this is the issue, or if its something else.

However I was poking around Thingeverse some more & found these Spaceport Rubble piles (which are obviously Star Wars themed).

 


So you can expect to see these done up soon too. Thanks for visiting. 

6 comments:

  1. Those turned out fab. I am pondering what todo myself. I may grab some terminals from Black Cat Bases or Crooked Dice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon, I am quite happy with them too. I did get the loot tokens as part of my Nickstarter to paint up at some point as well. I figured with all your crooked dice figures that you may have had some greeblies kicking around

      Delete
  2. The objective markers look great. I'm glad to see someone put them to good use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,they definately will get use. Will be posting the data loot markers later this eve, as the temps are too high outside right now to matte spray them. I will go post the photos on Thingeverse too

      Delete
  3. Great stuff Terry! Those decals really make them pop 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivor,I have so many decals (a drawer full) that its great to have things to use them on!

      Delete