Sunday, August 1, 2021

Stargrave - Someone Else's Scrap...Well you know

Had a good paint session today & managed to complete 2 more of my Space Junk piles.

 As the others these are from Thingeverse & 3d printed on my FDM printer. This first one is an older stl file, which I could no longer find to give credit to the maker...so if your looking at it, by all means let me know!

 


They have a Star Wars flair, but thats fine by me.

 


Here is is with a figure for size comparison.

 


The next is the 3rd of a 3 file set which I have given credit too & shared the link back when I first posted the small one.

 


This is the Large scrap pile!

 


And a figure for scale. Won't be many seeing over this to discover whats waiting on the far side!

 


Hope to get some more painting done this week as we are taking a vacation to ride he tails of the long weekend we are celebrating here. I currently have 1 more scrap pile that needs to be finished, then I can focus on some other Stargrave related projects!

Thanks for visiting

 

 

6 comments:

  1. These look great Terry. The colours you chose make all the individual items stand out and pop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon. I was actually struggling a bit deciding on what schemes to use. I really need to go look at more images for paint schemes...and your right, the contrast was needed, as it also makes the rust & weathering stand out too!

      Delete
  2. You've done reallywellon these and it's really hard to believe that they're not commercial pieces. The size and detail on all of them is superb, you could probably have a whole game with just these as scenery.
    The odd bits of colour really add to the models , as does the various numeral and lettering that can be seen.
    You should be well pleased with these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, to be honest, I have little in the way of Sci-fi terrain painted up. Now that Stargrave is the current craze, & the Pandemic is becoming less problematic for many, I am now working on getting some pieces done to prepare. Yes I am happy with how they'vve turned out. Now to get another file on the 3d printer!

      Delete
  3. Great stuff Terry! Your weathering on all the pieces looks absolutely brilliant 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivor! These have been fun to do, allowing me to play around with my rusting & weathering!

      Delete