Sunday, January 23, 2022

Chain of Command - BEF Wire Clearing Team

The second of my support list Engineer Teams is now completed.

 


Here we have the Wire Clearing Team. Consisting of 3 members, the first is a metal Warlord Games figure from the British Engineer Blister., the 2nd metal miniature may be a 1st corps figure from a gun crew. He can certainly fill that role as well if needed.

 


The last figure I had to build from the Warlord Games plastic sprue set. I had a bit of leftover Army Painter wire with which to use with him.

 


This week I will begin working on the 3rd Engineering Team. 

10 comments:

  1. I fin it amusing that you made these to 'combat' the fact that you made barbed wire! (still chuckling at the thought). Good models amply suitable for the job (and probably others too) and your ability to maintain the colour scheme of your bEF forces is admirable, I would have had to paint the entire force in one sitting to get a comparable uniformity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, if you notice, I am merely crossing off (Well hilighting) the support options from the list. Thinking of the time period, I am more apt to think these fellows would be placing minefields & building wire barricades to stem the German advances. But I suppose there is always an opportunity that they may be on the offensive should events unfold.

      Delete
  2. Another lovely trio. The plastic chap is a very good use of the kit, I really like his pose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai, the only concern, though usually hidden is that all the arms on those sprues are meant to be holding weapons, so they are usually thin where they are meant to go against the body/webbing. When you move them different from that, you can see it.

      Delete
    2. I had the same concerns with my Warlord plastic Soviets. A little filler putty or some such helped pit for me

      Delete
    3. Yes, its a bit annoying, but something a person needs to be aware of.

      Delete
  3. They're looking great! I love the barbed wire work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff Terry! Another great narrative piece on that fella pulling the wire off the post 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivor! The conversion I am most happy with is coming up in the next team! Stand by!

      Delete