Monday, September 30, 2019

Frostgrave - Ambronnax

So as we are delving into the Forgotten Pacts sourcebook. Looking at the scenarios, the first named Major Demon is Ambronnax. The description mentions an Ape body with 2 pig heads.

Your right, there are no figures out there like that. So what is one to do?

Why ---Improvise!


I have quite a few of the Reaper Bones giant ape figures...so I poked around until I found this body. Off with the head!

 

Then it was scrambling around for some boar's heads...I first thought of the plastic GW ones, but they were huge & the tusks quite small. The I remembered an old set of metal RAFM boars I had for pulling a chariot.


A quick introduction with a razor saw provided me the bounty needed. Then it was just a quick blob of Green stuff to make the neck & provide the stable base to shove the heads into. And the result is what you see here!


Personally I am not a big modding guy. I am quite happy with standard figures, with perhaps some options to glue different arms & what-not onto a figure. I do hope that if Joe reads this, that he makes a deal with Nick to create these wonderous critters he comes up with, so us folks who love the game, can just buy them...

...however with that being said, I am pretty happy with how this guy turned out. Not sure how I will manage the next one, guess we will see.

Now I am working on the terrain for the ruined temples & to add to the insanity..it's ZOMTOBER!

Thanks for visiting!
 

12 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful bit of conversion work, what a totally unique beastie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael! Hopefully he is up to the task when we encounter him in a couple scenarios!

      Delete
  2. Great work mate - a much more accurate portrayal of the demon than my effort! Sometimes I relish the opportunity of bringing such unique beasties to the tabletop; other times I wish Northstar would sell them (depending on how keen, lazy or stingy I am).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JP! Luckily for many of Joe's creations, there are figures out there that can fit the bill. This guy however was somewhat specific, hence the conversion. I agree we should all tackle Nick at Northstar to create one!

      Delete
  3. For the most part, I try and keep the monsters in Frostgrave 'generic' enough that suitable minis are available - Forgotten Pacts is kind of the exception to that in that part of the point of the supplement is that demons can look like anything and that greater demons are likely to be unique. I've always wanted a mini for Ambronax, but I can only suggest which minis get made, and I never know which ones will when I'm writing a supplement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your response Joe! I've been able to proxy many of the critters you've created & that is the beauty of your system. Players being able to use any figures from the many companies out there. This guys description was specific in regards to the ape body & 2 pig heads. I had to do it justice for my group. Thanks again for the great game system!

      Delete
  4. Nice work. What a beastly looking chap or is it chaps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon, with your comment, now I wonder...with 2 heads does he need to make 2 will tests?

      Delete
  5. What a great conversion, more so that it doesn't look like one, but more like something that Croooked Dice would produce for 7TV - very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zabadak. I did get in on that 7TV Mad Max themed Kickstarter, have yet to try it out.. but with that being said, I do love being able to use miniatures in multiple systems!

      Delete
  6. Brilliant conversation work Terry!

    ReplyDelete