Thursday, January 20, 2022

Chain of Command - BEF Engineer Mine Clearing Team

Back to some miniatures, for my BEF Support. Today I bring you the Engineer Mine Clearing Team


So initially I searched for some figures, ready made, but alas, most hits I had were of those people had scratchbuilt. So it was time to dig around my various boxes. I had a couple sprues of British plastic troops purchased in one of the Warlord Game sales.


The fella holding the mine dectector is an actual metal figure from the British Engineer blister pack, which also had a couple other figures. For the kneeling figure holding the bayonet, he is made from the plastic soldier sprue. The bayonet is actually from my 1:35 model bitz box. I snipped the blade a bit, to make it not appear TOO oversized.


The last standing figure holding the shovel was also built from the plastic figure sprue. The shovel came from a British Weapons sprue (also purchased on that Warlord Games sale).

Up next will be the wire cutting team. 

Monday, January 17, 2022

Chain of Command - Minefields!

 Continuing through Support List 1, I completed the Minefield yesterday.

Once again I went with a very simple piece of felt (which does the job quite well!)

But as with the entrenchments, I had an opportunity to do something fancier. So again snagging some stl files fom Thingeverse, with 2 being available in 6" x 6". One from the previous creator (see the entrenchements post for link) which was a hollow bounding frame with some mines which when printed would be loosely strewn within it. 

Image copyright: Marcoplo from Thingeverse

There was also a solid version from this creator that had some mines, which some empty holes (which I used some of the loose mines from the previous file to fill)

Image Copyright; tyrela from Thingeverse

 So then the thought hit me... I could use the full version minefield for while it is active & then just use the border once the minefield is breached.


I had a bit of an issue with the plaster sticking to the plastic base, so would recommend roughing it up with some sandpaper prior to applying it. 

While these pieces were drying I also got to work on creating some figures to use as my various Engineering teams, which I will be starting to work on this week.