So today I was able to finish up with support list 1 for my BEF force.
With the entry saying simply. Car with no driver.... Ok, off to Thingeverse to see what's out there for 1940 era vehicles. Finding a set of cars from marcusmole (there are 5 in the set) I fired up my resin printer & got the Austin 7 Ruby started.
Well the first print was....too small. Using the sizing they listed on his post, it looks to be more 20mm in scale. So after resizing it, I printed out 2. Again with my resin printer, there were some issues with getting the fender & running boards to print out
Not having software or the knowledge to try to repair a stl file, I opted for the second alternative --- Cardboard! Making some strips of cardboard to be the running boards, I glued them underneath & then trimmed them down when dried.
After that was dried, I also made some cardboard fenders to replace the failed ones. Nothing fancy & won't win an award, but it suffices.
Without a real plan of colours to paint them, I figured on these being 'aquired' during the campaign. I rusted & muddied up some of the other failed areas (fenders, etc) & went with a dark 'thicket' green & Prussian Blue for vehicle colours. These can now be used by any of the forces that need a car...with no driver.
I am printing out some of the other vehicles, but have had some other issues with them, so will work on finding other files to use.
On another point, after working on my entrenchments & having the issues with the warping of the foam core, I reached out to an aquantance who kindly provided me with an stl file of the base to use. Cheers Mark!
I am now working on getting some of the sandbag files I've found on thingeverse scaled correctly to print out a bunch to make another set of the entrenchments.
So with Support list 1 done...I think you know where I am headed next. Though I want to work on a small side project for another friend...so stay tuned!