Monday, March 18, 2019

Star Wars - Imperial Assault

This past weekend, I finished up 4 more of the Star Wars Imperial Assault figures that I am painting for a friend.

First up is Hondo Ohnaka


As well I had the 2 Hero figures from the latest expansion Tyrants of Lothal. CT-1701 & Tress Hacnua.


I also had another Smuggler to paint, so this time I went with my own scheme, having painted one to match the card before for my friend.






Next on the paint table are the remainder of the Star Wars figures, & some Myconid Fungus men for our next upcoming Frostgrave Game!

11 comments:

  1. Those look great Terry! I'm not familiar with IA at all but that's really neat that Hondo Ohnaka is available - is Cad Bane available as well?
    Such a shame that they are a different scale to the Legion figures though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivor. I haven't seen a Cad Bane figure for this system yet. Perhaps down the road? I have one more set to paint for my friend. Sabine Wren & Zeb Orrelios. Think they are from the Clone Wars series?

      Delete
  2. Nice work on these Terry they turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look awesome Terry !

    Love Hondo - it's a striking figure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some very dynamic looking figures there and your piant-jobs are top-notch too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your figures look great! Whats your recipe for the white hair? Is that a grey wash?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dungeonslinger, I use lots of Craft paints from Michael's, so as I recall I started with a Quarry Pebble base, then white on all the hi-lights. My biggest non-secret is Army Painter Strong dip brushed on. It does tend to make everything 'muddy' so for example the storm trooper armor isn't the bright white we all expect, but I really like the protective value of the varnish.

      Delete
    2. Hey thanks for the response ill try out your non-secret. Great blog from what ive read. Have a good one.

      Delete