Sunday, June 17, 2018

Campaign Preparations

As I read ahead of what's coming in our Frostgrave Campaign, I realize I have some work ahead to prepare.

Today I finished off some rubble bits. The next game of the Hunt for Golem will have the potential for falling rubble. So with that in mind I made some fallen blocks.

These were fashioned from some pieces of foam I had saved for just such occurances. Amongst them is one piece of the standard 'white' foam, but as you can see, the best results were from the 'pink' foam which is much more workable.

As we move onto the Thaw of the Lich Lord after the current Golem series. I see the scenario involving the river & boats. So seeing these 2 ancient cranes made by Sarissa for Gangs of Rome, I figured they would be good for the Frostgrave games as well. There are 2 versions, a Small Treadwheel & the Large Treadwheel. 

I will be sure to do a blog post of them when they are completed.

Thanks for stopping by.

Monday, June 11, 2018

Frostgrave - Field Research

Our campaign continued on Sunday with the 2nd scenario of the Hunt For Golem mini-campaign.

This scenario is set within one of the many gardens within Felstad. The warband's arrive to see the Golem destroying statues. Because of the magic leaking from the golem, all the statues have the potential to animate (1 in 6) each time the golem gets within 6" of them. Roll for this at the beginning of the golems phase.

This leaked magic also would allow a wizard casting control construct to animate one of them.

For this scenario, the wizards have come to study the Golem & thus are not here to destroy it. If it is destroyed, the wizards band who caused it's destruction will receive no experience whatsoever for this game.

Treasure is placed as usual (3 treasures per warband). 

Other experience can be gained one time each as follows;

10xp if a member of the wizards band comes within 10" of the golem. 
10xp if any member of the wizards band engages the golem in combat.
50xp if the wizard gets within 6" of the golem
10xp if the wizard or apprentice successfully cast a non-damaging spell on the golem.

The warbands were as follows;

My warband

Craig's warband

Scott's warband

Chen's warband

Here is the battle report...

Thus we avoided killing the golem. As the warband's returned to their bases, this is what they earned from treasures taken

Bob (Scott) - 430xp, 1 treasure - 240GC, Dagger +1Dam, Grimoire - Bone Dart
     Theodore & Spot IV killed, Todd miss game.

Innovar (Craig) - 340xp, 2 treasures - 170GC, Potions - Healing x2, Toughness;  Grimoire's - Control Undead, Illusory Soldier. Shadow III & Asan miss game.

Ludwig (Chen) - 560xp, 2 treasures - 110GC, Potions - Strength, Healing, Invulnurbility x2, Elixer of Speed; +2Dam Hand Weapon.

Eben (Me) - 510xp, 4 treasures - 387GC, Scrolls - Fast Act, Strength, Banish; Grimoires - Wizard Eye, Destructive Sphere, Beauty

Stay tuned for our next Foray into Felstad.

Monday, May 28, 2018

Star Wars Imperial Assault

Continuing with the Star Wars figures for Brent, today we have Ahoska Tano & Ko-Tun Feralo.

This leaves me with 2 remaining figures for this consignment. Then we shall see what beckons me next.

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Star Wars Imperial Assault - Ally Pack

Continuing to get more of Brent's consignment figures done during my staycation.

This morning the matte spray completed Hera Syndulla & C1-10P.

Nice detail on the droid, though I see I need to do a touch up on his antenna. There are 4 more figures from this request which are currently on the table.

Thanks for visiting.

Monday, May 21, 2018

Star Wars Imperial Assault - Alliance Rangers

I've started working on the latest batch of figures for my friend Brent. First up we have the Alliance Rangers.

They are all the same pose, it would have been nice to have them in different poses, but as they are allies, I guess it makes them easier to keep track of. Sort of how all the Empire soldiers look the same.

Short & sweet for today. Hope to have the others completed by the end of the week if all goes well.

Monday, May 14, 2018


After a very long time, I've finally completed the core box of Zombicide Black Plague.

Here are the last 4 Fatties

I also recall a couple comments about having a group shot. So with my table getting prepped for our next Frostgrave game, I pulled all the figures out & set them up.

Truly this party is about to be Overwhelmed!

And then it was back into their box to await the next opportunity to bring them out once again!

I must say how impressed I am with the ability many have to just push these figures out with paint jobs far superior to my own. I've never been able to do that & am lucky to usually get 4 figures done at a time. Of course I can always try to push myself. As well I want to thank those who provided the inspiring words to continue to work towards this finish.

I think these will be the last Zombies (no promises however) until Zomtober, where I will likely pull out one of the expansion boxes to add to the horde.

Thanks for stopping by.

Monday, May 7, 2018

Zombicide Black Plague

Well I am glad to see the end is in sight. After this batch of the zombie walkers & runners, I am left with 4 more Fatties to complete the core box of Zombicide Black Plague.

First the Walkers

Then the Runners

I was also able to get some work done on some walls I needed for the next Frostgrave Hunt For Golem scenario. So digging through my piles of foam, I used my hot wire cutter to form some angle topped stone walls.

So next on the list is completing the Fatties, then it's on to some more Star Wars Imperial Assault figures for my buddy.

Thanks for stopping by.