Monday, October 5, 2015

Zomtober - Better Late than Never, Star Wars Imperial Assault & some bits

OK so it seems I am once again late to the Zomtober entries. Likely this will be a continual problem for me, just too many things occuring at this time. I know, excuses, excuses. However as I was about to forgo this grand adventure I noticed  a single Zombie, shambling down the street. Thus grabbing my camera I snapped a quick photo before the moment passed.

So here is my first weeks entry to Zomtober. Another of the original Zombicide walkers. From what I can see in the box, I appear to have just about reached the halfway mark on these particular Zombies.


As I was varnishing the other figures with just the Light 'Skin' tone of Army Painter dip, I think I prefer the Strong shade when it comes to Zombies, so will likely switch back to that for the next ones.


I also completed the 2 new heroes from the Star Wars: Imperial Assault Twin Shadows expansion.



Nice sculpts overall & they seem to have improved on the joint issues seen in earlier models.
 


Lastly I finished a bunch of vendor goods to use as scatter terrain or objectives. The first vendor cart has also been painted. I went with a Barn Wood colour for it, but I think I will go for a darker brown on the next ones.


 Tomorrow night is club night & from what I've been seeing, it will be a feast evening for games to play.

14 comments:

  1. Excellent work all around Terry, and better late than never for your Zomtober entry. :)

    Where are the scatter good from? (maufacturer?) Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pulp, thanks for letting my Zombie who is seriously dragging its feet get in on the shenanigans. The Scatter bundles I got a few years ago from Ebay. Some fella was making them. The carts are from Blotz. http://blotz.co.uk/
      I will have to take a look to see if I still have the info on those bags for you.

      Delete
  2. Love the walker Terry, but also rather taken by that vendor's cart, where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michael, the carts are from a company in your neck of the woods http://blotz.co.uk/ They have a few wargaming mdf kits that may aid in emptying your pocket

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the link Terry, I might have to pick a couple of those up for myself.

      Delete
    3. Your welcome of course Michael, seems a worthy time to help me spend some of your money instead of the other way around hehe. I've certainly pounced on several items you've posted in the past.

      Delete
  3. Great looking Z, the magazines a great touch too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray, yes I originally saw the newspapers/magazines on James Wappels site & figured I would give them a try. If you keep your eyes open, you will see some Wargaming magazines pop up now & again.

      Delete
  4. Great job dude! Loving the Zeds and the Star wars figures :) The vendor cart will sure come in hand in quite a few settings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon, all the Star Wars figures I've been painting for a friend who then replaces them with the unpainted ones. I hope to see them used at the upcoming Fallcon, which of course means pressure to get them finished in time.

      Delete
  5. Lovely Zed Terry, welcome to Zombtober!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob, trying to get a head start on this weeks seeing as its Thanksgiving weekend here.

      Delete
  6. Now I am really liking that 'cheeky' zombie. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roy, the zombies from Zomicide are quite nice sculpts...in all the right places.

      Delete