Sunday, November 29, 2015

Escenorama Building for Frostgrave / Mordheim - work in progress

Having finally gotten all the Escenorama order primed, it was time to figure out just how these were to go together. I didn't see any instructions available, so pulling out the bits, it suddenly became clear!


I finally understood what those little bits were for. They are used to level out & allow for the support beams to be mounted. (this is just set together at this point).


The second level & floor are then able to be added.


So with that being said, this first building is now drying from the superglue. But I wanted to get started on one of these buildings...so I grabbed the multi-story one that came with the set & off to work at the paint table.

Starting off primed white, I painted the entire building in a mid-grey colour, followed by Burnt Umber, Yellow Ochre & Sand in sequence. The wooden beams are Burnt Umber & hi-lighted with Nubby Linen. 


The main structure is now painted & apart from needing the Army Painter dip, & a final touch up of hi-light colour is ready to go. One of the things noticed were the frame askew on the wall. I think I will be doing some internet searching to find some images to fit into these. Yes they are on the several of the buildings, so a range of images will be required.


So the first of the ruined village set is usable for the next game of Frostgrave or Mordheim.



I am trying to match this ruined bridge piece I have as I really like the colouring of it. Here they are side by side. Not too far off, so I think once I get the dip on it & matte sprayed it should be almost bang on.


Still have a couple figures for use in Frostgrave on the bench as well as the Myth consignment I am working on.

Cheers & thanks for reading.
 

9 comments:

  1. They look rather good! Nice work my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon, when I first saw this set, I knew I wanted to get some. The ruined village deal was the way to go.

      Delete
  2. They look superb and have really come up a treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, I am quite happy with my colour scheme coming out the way it has, sure is a bugger on brushes though. Luckily I buy dollar store brushes for this kind of work, so not a big expense when said & done.

      Delete
  3. Nice work. Were there any defects to fix or flash to scrape off?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Markmors, there is a bit of flash & some scraping to be done. The biggest hurdle is cutting the chunks of resin from the doors, window pieces, but a razor saw makes short work of that.

      Delete
    2. Hey thanks for the info and sorry for the late response. I pulled the trigger and ordered this set. I have a convention game of Mordheim in two weeks. I hope I get the set soon!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Bob, just a question for you on the next step, are you using Army Painter dip on yours or your own concoction. I am thinking of going with the DARK version to do mine. Haven't used that shade overly much as I like the Strong (middle option),

      Delete