Saturday, November 14, 2015

Frostgrave Barbarian

With my getting into Frostgrave recently, it has also had me digging around in all my old 80's D&D Miniatures for those I can use.

This fella is an early Citadel model circa 1982 from the Fantasy Adventurers line. I dug out my old RAFM catalogs to find an image as there was more than 1 Barbarian produced. It seems I do have the other one as well. This is one of those times the Internet worked well, as the catalog didn't show the image of this particular figure.

So I believe this figure makes a wonderful Barbarian. He isn't one I would purchase in an initial foray, but as the warband began making funds, he would certainly be a choice option



Of course I am not getting the urge to go find some of the other figures from that catalog that are likely boxed away someplace in the basement. I do have a couple other of those Citadel Scoundrels, Rogues & Thieves coming up, which will be good options for Thugs, etc. Two more figures are now drying from the dip & am thinking perhaps one of them is an old Grenadier model.

I have also started painting up some of the Myth characters for a buddy.

Tuesday is club night & I believe we are playing Frostgrave to give Kevin an opportunity to give this game a try.
 

4 comments:

  1. He's a fearsome individual and the blood on the sword is a nice touch too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, the sword had to have blood! No Barbarian worth his salt would have it any other way.

      Delete
  2. Looking good Terry and nice to see some of the oldies gettings new paintjobs and being game with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon, I do have lots of oldies, so having Frostgrave spark an interest in Fantasy again is a boon or just another shiny to distract from projects

      Delete