Sunday, November 1, 2015

Frostgrave Frenzy!

OK so we are down to 6 days to go for my Frostgrave Saturday (in lieu of my Remebrance Day game). This is the part where I am constantly wishing I could paint whole units in a single round & have them look fantastic aka Kevin's recent painting bout or Tim in Saskatoon.

However I am slow at it, seems I can maybe pump 2 out a week. So it's crunch time! Last night I finished my Mage & Apprentice. I am going to start with an Elementalist ...who doesn't love a good fireball! This is the blister from Northstar.


For the ability for multi-games, I am avoiding the snow on any of my bases...the real stuff will be coming any day. This will allow me to use them for Song of Blades & Mordheim.


Being an avid Mordheimer, I have quite a few miniatures I will be able to utilize in my warband, or my friends as needed. Of course removing all those with black powder weapons really put a dent in availability.


I again went with the Skin Army Painter Dip followed by a matte overspray, though without a doubt, Strong is my favorite of them. 

What doesn't help is my trying to handle too many things at once...warband,  find creatures for the wandering chart, terrain... it never ends, but I guess that's a good thing!

I did receive another of the Kingdom Death shipments & another I wish had come a couple weeks ago... my Escenorama ruined village. I may be able to manage a quick base coat to make them useful for the event..we shall see & even with getting an hour back last night I am still behind.

So keeping this short, as I have lots of painting to get done today before Walking Dead!

Thanks for reading.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Gordon, just used strong dip on a couple off thugs/thieves...I definitely prefer the strong to the skin.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Bob, these are nice chunky figures & I am really liking the plastic warriors box, though they need to be glued together. You will see my first 2 of those tomorrow

      Delete
  3. Wonderful job, like you I'm constantly in awe of those who can churn out a regiment a week. Mind you it doesn't help that I'm so easily distracted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, distractions can certainly be distracting.

      Delete