Monday, September 14, 2020

One Gold Piece & Frostgrave 2 Arrives!

Just before I began my Staycation last week, I supported a new Patreon for stl files from Westfalia Miniatures.
 
 
For their launch they started off with some Hobbit figures, a Werewolf & a Hobbithole facade.

 With that in mind, I grabbed the presupported figures & set out to print them on my resin printer


 After printing the first round I may have been a tad overzealous removing the supports with hot water, as a couple of the militia hobbits feet broke off. So off we went again & printed round two. During this time I also grabbed another of the presupported stl figure files & printed out some of them as well.

 So here are the results

Hobbit Rogue. What a perfect figure, complete with pack on his back of ill-gotten gains...or perhaps just his second breakfeast

 
Militia Man. The one on the left was the first run & as can be seen had a bit of trouble with the end of his pole, however he is still a serviceable figure.

 
Militia-hobbit 2. This fellow is sporting a torch & hatchet. This is one of the figures that suffered the foot amputation, thus only one of these figures remains.

 
 The Beast, or Werewolf if you will. Having printed him out, he could likely be printing a little larger than provided, though he is man-sized & will surely see some use in our Frostgrave games.

 
These are 3 figures from another of the presupported files I got. Female Thief, Dwarf Priest & Female Paladin, though her sword didn`t do well (again, this may have been caused when I was removing the supports.)

 
I had also tried printing some of the small scatter terrain, before I was totally understanding how supports needed to be applied & the fact you need to angle items for them to print properly (unless flat on the buildplate). The only items that succeeded were the trashcan, 2 hydrants & an electrical box.
 
 
As luck would have it, today I also received my copy of Frostgrave 2nd Ed & the new Frostgrave Knights plastic miniature box from Northstar.


 
Now we just need this pandemic to depart to we can get back into another Frostgrave Campaign!
 
On another note, I am also currently putting together the figures from the core box of Blackstone Fortress. Just getting all these winter projects ready, as the flocks of geese are begining to pass overghead & the temps are giving a preview of what`s to come. 

 


6 comments:

  1. Your progress into 3D printing has been rapid imho, at least you're now havinvery useful output and learning as you go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zabadak. I am sure most folks have their printers going non-stop, where I am more of a print as needed. There is certainly a lot of info on youtube & the facebook 3d printing groups are quite helpful as well.

      Delete
  2. Lovely looking models, although I am a bit of a dinosaur with technology and will have to obtain my miniatures the old fashioned way.
    Cheers,
    Pat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat, I am as well, but I've begun exploring the options. There are a lot of fantastic figures that are only available as 3d print files. So its certainly providing me options. As well how many times have you grabbed a blister or box of figures for 1 or 2 poses you really wanted & then look at the others scratching your head over what to use them for.

      Delete
  3. Great stuff Terry! The figures turned out great - about how long on average does a file take to print?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivor, the figures as seen on the image took about 4 hours on the resin printer. Then you need to clean, remove supports & cure them for a few minutes.

      Delete