Thursday, April 5, 2012

EWG Games Night 3 Apr 12

This evening was a very small gathering of people for the club. Only 4 attending as many had other commitments that kept them away.

So I took this opportunity to ask Scott if he would bring a game which I have been a long time wanting to play.

Arkham Horror, a co-operative game for 1 to 8 players where you attempt to seal gates that are opening up throughout Arkham to prevent one of the Great Old Ones to arrive.


As there were so few of us, only Scott & I played this game. I did notice however that a person could play solo if they so desired, which may be a good way to work thru the nuances of the game.



As can be seen there are a great many pieces and cards to this game. One of the things I enjoy most in a game is random things & there are certainly plenty occuring here.

An interesting thing about the game is that there is a balance between the number of players vs the amount of gates open that awakens the Old One or the amount of creatures allowed in the outskirts before the town is overrun with terror. As terror moves up, businesses close & prevents the availability of gathering equipment.

Now that I have been introduced to the game I look forward to more opportunities to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment