Wednesday, June 13, 2012

EDBAG Camapign 12 June 2012

Tonight we gathered for our monthly DBA evening. The Campaign is quickly coming to a close as most of the territory on the map is now controlled.

This evening was a good night for the Classical Indians. Its good to finally be able to maneuver my elephants, who so often in the past were left out of the battles.

First up was a battle against Chen's II/37 Parthians. I was lucky to have 3 turns of multiple command pips, so was able to move my line up quickly using the rough & woods to protect the flanks from Chen's rapid moving Light Horse.


I had 2 elements of bow in the Woods at the top of the image who although holding valiantly, were finally defeated by the combined Auxilia & Light Horse. This removal of my flank allowed Chen to make a run for the camp with his Light Horse. Luckily the camp repelled them. Meanwhile the Parthian Knights kept withdrawing and ended up bogged down in rough terrain.


The last turn was a massive success for the Indians, as several knights were knocked out giving a victory to the Indians of 6-2.

The second battle was against II/49 Marian Romans. Comprised mostly of blade, it forced my bowmen into the woods. The battle was pretty much a march forward crunch for both sides. The image below shows the lines crashing together.


The Romans had good success on my left flank, destroying one of my 2 bow elements. He also managed to bag one of my Cavalry elements. The initial engagement left both lines broken, which would require some good command pips to make sense of it all.


I had some good dice on the last turn of battle and was able to defeat the Romans 5-2.



As usual with DBA the dice gods had a lot to do with determining the victor. As this campaign is drawing to a close...we figure maybe 1 or 2 more nights, we are all preparing 28mm HOTT armies and are hoping to land a few more players.

No comments:

Post a Comment