Wednesday, July 25, 2018

For the Basement is Dark & Full of Miniatures

Today it finally arrived! My Song of Fire & Ice Kickstarter. 2 Large boxes awaited me at the drop off, which I was anxious to get home & open.

The Starter (Core) Box will give you enough to get started.



One option was the Deluxe hard cover rulebook. Yep I am GOTGeek enough!


The additional Stark Forces I also grabbed.







The Lannisters
 








The 3rd faction can of course be used by either side. The Bolton's






Odd that I got 3 of Bolton's Bastard Girls. Well one can always use hounds!

The obligatory alternates of Robb Stark & the Dreadfort Captain. 


Of course there were accessories, one cannot to into battle without the field looking good!










For more info on this Kickstarter, go here 

So with my excitement abated, and feeling somewhat ashamed of having to use unpainted miniatures in our last Frostgrave game, I started on some of what I think are the best Ghouls available. Some Mantic Ghouls.

Initially I thought I would be able to burn through these, bu then I discovered how detailed the clothing scraps were, with all the thin tattered pieces needing attention. So I decided to do a test ghoul. 


The upper & lower torso's pose a bit of a problem as they do not seat well & it seems there is a bit of  a gap. Sure a person could likely spend some time filling it with putty, perhaps on the second batch they will receive that treatment. I am under a bit of a timesqueeze, so will go with the current ones.


As well, I've completed the first of the medieval cranes. I used some cheesecloth to make a net holding the cargo boxes. I used some small resin ones I had kicking around, which of course has made the crane a little tipsy. I should have used some foam ones, I should be able to dig the resin ones out & replace them.




So that's all the fun for today! Thanks for stopping by.


















10 comments:

  1. Wow! Now that is an impressive haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, just hoping that moving forward they continue to add other factions....I can just imagine the dragons!

      Delete
  2. I got almost the same A Song of Ice & Fire haul - except I passed on all the optional buys except the Terrain Pack.

    Regarding Kickstarters - I am only buying base games, base pledges now for games like this. I have so many of these mini heavy games. They take up a ton of space and they get cycled on and off the table (for the next hotness) so quickly. I am just not getting enough game play to justify the extra content.

    First world problem to be sure.

    Peace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you Brent, however I am unable to make the conventions to snag stuff after the fact, so I am sort of all or no on the ones I do back. Nice to see a bunch of them showing up now though, they do take awhile!

      Delete
    2. Yes, they sure do take a while. The current time lines on many Kickstarters is just over a YEAR away. That time span sure is making me hesitate to backing some projects. I just passed on The Hunters for that very reason. The game looks fun, but I was not willing to wait a whole year - and that's just the Kickstarter stated date, we all know that will likely slip.

      I also passed on Cthulhu: Death may Die as well, another with a year date. Though to be fair, I played this game earlier this spring and it was ok, not great, just ok - that just added to my decision to pass on it.

      Peace

      Delete
  3. These look pretty awesome! Look forward to seeing them all painted up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon, afraid I can't give a timeline for when it will happen...Zomtober is coming after all!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete