Sunday, September 30, 2018

Zomtober is Nigh

As the last day of September dawns, & the temperature is below 0, its time to get ready for Zomtober!

I was poking around seeing what I have, ok, more like moving piles of unpainted stuff to see what I would focus on thats Zombie related this year.

As there is a new Kickstarter running for Z War One, I decided maybe I would get the core box figures painted for this game & run it at the club.


So while it was still warm, I pulled the figures, did some clean-up & got them primed. There are 4 player characters


As well as 18 Zombies. Surely I can get these done in a month?


First up though I will need to do their bases. Not a fan of these small thick ones, as with all my miniatures I like to be able to cross purpose them. Today will be spent getting the basing done & glued. Next weekend we shall see as Zomtober kicks off!

8 comments:

  1. Excellent Terry Look forward to seeing your progress on this set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon, was just noticing you have about as many as I do to complete. Here we go again!

      Delete
  2. Nice one Terry, I think I will be more of an observer this year as I’m away right in the middle of the month

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Gobbo & thanks for observing my journey!

      Delete
  3. Never heard of this game, but I like those survivors and the Zeds are pretty nice sculpts too. Looking forward to seeing this lot painted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai, its one of those boardgames that uses a comic book for parts of the scenarios. There is another Kickstarter currently ongoing for an expansion to the game.

      Delete
  4. Good luck with the challenge and once more I'll not be participating, the urge to increase my already large herd of zeds is undewheling and not at the top of my list to-do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Zabadak, I have taken the stance that perhaps this is 'when' I will continue on my zombie hordes...as well as those hero / survivors that will take them down. So many other projects keep taunting me, so its nice to have a focus, if even for a month.

      Delete