Friday, April 15, 2022

Another Field Day!

 Taking advantage of this long weekend, I was able to spend some time in the basement, finishing up one project & then beginning another.

I completed the remainder of the fields I was working on & now have field ranging from bare earth to harvested. The only type I haven't done is snow covered...


For the harvested field, I used some cut hemp rope to represent the remnants of the harvested grain. Yes it was messy & a visit to the painting area by the vaccum is forthcoming. Once they are completely dry, I may clip the rows further to make it more like the stubble I see yearly outside my house.


As to my next project, for some time now I've been pondering a redo of my trees. They have had a rough time of it & in fact were built without painting in most cases as I needed them done for an event. However now I am stripping them down to do them properly.


I will retain the use of my foam hexes as the bases to represent both Light & Heavy Woods, however will also build-up some more single based trees. The foam hexes allow me to group them together to create larger woods, but I am getting ahead of myself. Today was just the stripping of the old tiles & scrubbing most of the foliage from the trees that need to be redone. I was getting tired of finding foliage all over the place after games, so this has me thinking I need to do a better job with mounting it better & not just rolling it around.

Stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. Great stuff Terry! You can never have enough fields on the table. Interesting idea using the rope to represent harvested grain, definitely looks the business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivor, I think I have 2 or 3 mats worth of fields now. Some of the others I game with have their fields too, so we should be covered!

      Delete
  2. The stubble fields look the biz and probably complete the whole growth cycle of your fields. I hate having to work on trees, so good luck with those too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe! They can be trying, which is why everyone goes with fir trees I think

      Delete