Tuesday, September 24, 2024

It's lookin like its gonna be a Bug Hunt!

The fellows will be coming out for our last Q37 scenario on Sunday. In preparation, I have been busy trying to get some much needed miniatures printed & painted. Chen has also been busy printing & assisted with the Queen Bug for it.

First up the eggs..... I took a look at Thingeverse & found several versions, but decided on the ones from Hive Delta on MyMiniFactory. These came as a clump as well as singles.

So first the closed egg. A small sampling of them. Chen has also printed out a bunch & painted his too, so it should be quite the nest!


Of course once they open....well that's when the fun begins! Once painted, I wanted to try the UHU glue trick for making slime! It worked quite well!

 


Then the little buggers escape & leave behind the empty shell casing

 

With the eggs done, it was onto the little sophets that emerge. I again went to MyMiniFactory for some various alien 'bug' models I had gotten on a sale. I got these from Puppet Wars miniatures. I opted to not put them as a group but as single critters. I painted them with contrast paints & tried to do a bit of green acid on their teeth. I may go back & do some of the slime effects after the game this weekend to make them pop a bit more.

 


This leads to the final figure for todays post. The Bug Queen. Chen & I were chatting about what to use...sure there are Tyranid figs, but a big one is a lot of moolah! We then chatted about the old Starship Trooper Bugs. That was when Chen reminded me that one of our other fellow gamers had done a bunch of Starship Trooper bugs & Chen had one. So he gave me the unpainted model.

 


This model is quite big, you will see that from my game AAR. Again using strictly Contrast/Speed paints. I haven't gotten any of the finer details done...I will leave that for Chen to finish off.

Now its time to get the Royal Guard Bugs done, though I may just use my sun dropped painted Nemesis ones I picked out to use due to time constraints.

So that ends the post for today. Thanks for visiting!

 

4 comments:

  1. They look suitably scary Terry and some interesting ideas…🤔

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt, looking forward to the mayhem they will cause this Sunday!

      Delete
  2. Absolutely tremendous collection of bugs! The UHU glue trick has worked well too and as for that big beastie - wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, the big bug is resin printed & all of its appendages are glued on. Not sure how many resin models you've done, but gluing them can be challenging. I've had to redo the glue on a couple of the smaller appendages.

      Delete