Sunday, November 15, 2015

Frostgrave Thief & Thug & some works in progress

As mentioned yesterday I had a couple miniatures drying from the dip. So today, here they are

The figure on the left is I believe a Grenadier model of a half orc thief. I just painted him up more as a human one. The one on the right is another early 80's Citadel model, which according to the catalog is Tom Tom Piperson. He will make a fine Thug.

Both of these figures are kitted out with packs & bags, making them perfect for the foray into the frozen city.



I then started digging around looking for items to take care of the Wall & Fog spell. I started mucking around with styrofoam & as I dabbled was realizing this was going to take more time than I wanted to spend...so then I remembered all the Lego I had bought at garage sales. Perfect! I opened a box & found these rougher hewn pieces, which with the addition of a couple rows of standard lego, made the 6" long x 3" high required of the spell. I will likely glue the pieces together & then putty or remove the nubs on the top. Stay tuned down the road for the completed product.


Then it was on to the Fog. I used a couple pieces of foamcore as the base & interior. I then glued polyester filling to both sides. This is a work in progress as I will add more to hide the sharp edges of the foam core. The glue is still drying from the first layers of it.


As I am playing a game of Frostgrave at the club Tuesday, I wanted to have these items available for the game....just in case
 

2 comments:

  1. Love the terrain solution Terry, that wall particularly - nice miniatures too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, never underestimate the usefullness of Lego I guess. Sometimes garage sales can garner you quite a bit of it for a decent price.

      Delete