Sunday, October 29, 2017

Zomtober Week 5

As we rapidly approach Hallow's Eve, we had the opportunity of that extra week of Zomtober, thus I was able to get another of the Zombicide Black Plaque Fatty's finished.


Thus Zomtober ends for another year. Thanks to the folks who have hosted this event, as it provides impetus to get some of these hordes of Zombies painted up! Below is a listing of all those who participated (though I am sure others were also doing it behind the scenes)

Fantorical - Blaxkleric
Saturday Mornings - Ivor Evans
28mm Victorian Warfare - Michael Awdry
Cheaphammer!!! - Kieron
Lead Reckoning - Fred Jackson
Never Mind The Jankers - Roy Williamson
The Wargaming Addict - Wargaming Addict
 
Definately take a look as the work some of these others have done, it is truly inspiring & affords an opportunity to see so many cool miniatures from systems / companies not readily available here in Canada. 


Yesterday also saw me venturing into the city to try to reap the sales on some of the Lemax stuff at the craft stores thanks to a heads-up by Bob. I must have hit the perfect day for it, as their Halloween stuff was 60% off. So I snagged some of the wrought iron fence sets (all they had remaining) & a couple of headstone sets. 

Then I discovered that they were launching their Christmas Tree Event & thus had sales on all their recently set out Christmas stuff....yes I know, we haven't even gotten past Halloween & Christmas stuff is everywhere!

So I snagged 2 more of the Lemax Cobblestone roads & some of their new Stone Walls sets


We finally made it out of there & after a couple more store stops ( had to get a veggie platter for today's Frostgrave game) I noticed a new addition to the Diecast police vehicle series..an SUV variant which nicely had the same markings as ones I previously purchased. Just need some time to dirty/weather it now to match my others.


As alluded too earlier, I need to get the finishing touches ready for the fella's to arrive for our next Frostgrave Campaign game this afternoon. AAC (After Action Comic) to be posted the next couple days. Thanks for stopping by.

12 comments:

  1. What a great way to finish and so great bargains to boot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, I will be usurping some of your jungle ideas in the near future as Ghost Archipelago is on the way & I will need jungles

      Delete
  2. Nice job on the final entry for Zomtober. A fine specimen to chase the adventurers around with. Love the Police Car's I wish I could drop on some like that over here in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon, nice to see those core set zombies continue to diminish & Zomtober affords me a reason to get on them!

      Delete
  3. Excellent job on the final your Zomtober 2017 mini Terry; your stuff this year has been great to see. :)

    Some excellent purchases with the Lemax stuff - I have a good deal of envy from this side of the pond! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pulp, the Lemax prices really are insane & they slap us in the face further with a US price & then a ridiculous Canadian price... Good they they have blow-out sales!

      Delete
  4. I love the weathering on the cars Terry, wish I could get close to this kind of brushwork

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gobbo, just lots of dry-brushing of Yellow Ochre & a bit of Sand hi-light drybrush. Most of the paints I use for it is the craft paints in the big plastic bottles

      Delete
  5. Another outstanding piece of painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fred, need to wait until tommorrow to enjoy everyone else's entry..Walking Dead in 45 min!

      Delete
  6. Great brushwork Terry! And excellent finds while out and about :) *just tried to follow the blog but there seems to be something wrong with the "followers" windows - and it looks like it's across the board with everyone else too, so hopefully they get it sorted soon!*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivor, hmm I see what you mean with the followers. getting a Google 502 that's an error message. I blame the ghouls & goblins.

      Delete