Monday, June 22, 2020

Core Space - Gak & Roykirk

As seems typical of the hobby best intentions are oft left wanting. This was the case this past weekend, as although I had hoped & intended to complete the rest of the crew of the Ion Hope...it just wasn't meant to be. The lawn beckoned for a good mowing & then my wife insisted I assist with some weeding, thus the 5 hour block I had set aside for my hobby session, became 3.

Oh well, that's life. However I did get 2 of the crew finished & applied the Dullcoat this morning.

Here we have Gak & Roykirk


When it came to painting Gak, I am glad I looked at some other folks painting, as I didn't at first realize that most of his legs are bared. I originally thought he had some baggy type trousers on. I hope going forward that the illustrations provided show a whole body for those of us that like using them as guides to paint our figures. As in all the games I have with characters, I always try to paint them to match their cards, making it easy for players to identify them. I am not a fan of this clip on coloured disks that many games provide.


So that leaves 1 crewman for the Ion Hope, which I will be working on during my lunch breaks.

4 comments:

  1. These might be my favourite yet Terry. Lovely work Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can well understand painting the legs as trousers, it's things like that I do on a regular basis.Great work on the black jacket, blackbeing very tricky. Can't say yhtese are my favourite poses but they're still good. Roykirk's pose is intriguing though (high five-ing ?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, not sure if he is doing more of a 'stop right there' pose, seeing as he has his pistol stealthily hidden by his leg to the opponent

      Delete