Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Core Space - Devastator

This morning I have the first of the two Devastators completed.


Described as little more than Tanks, when these fella's show up, there is no more compromise.


While applying the red, I was noticing something interesting with how the red looked depending on if it was over a white prime patch or where the black/boltgun metal had been applied. I should note that I am using craft paints from Michael's for the red.

Liking what I was seeing I went for a black wash over all locations the red would be applied for the next Devastator. It has now had its first coat of red applied & I expect to complete him this lunch hour.

2 comments:

  1. Great contrast to the previous 'plebs'; When I used black undercoat, all colours were dark, so I used a white drybrush over all areas before applying yellows or reds, also I bit of orange of highlght areas if I want the red to 'pop'.
    Excellent figure, looking very menacing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, I normally use a grey or white primer, but then painted them black being mostly metal monstrosities!

      Delete