Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Terminator Genisys at EWG



Dave brought out his Terminator Genisys Miniature game to the club.


Dave set up the table. Scott & I played 2 games, once for each side. Dave picked up the game last Christmas during a sale, so only has the core box...at least until we convince him to go "All In".


The game plays quite quickly & has some interesting mechanics. One of these is the fate dice. Which has 6 sides containing 3-1's, 2-2's, & FATE. If you roll the fate, you get no actions (unless the human player uses one of his leaders). The 1 & 2 determine how many of your figures will activate. Activation is quickly identified with green/red counters.


All movement and firing is done using the templates provided. One of the cool things that may occur is that when a terminator is taken out, it may spawn a Crawler, which will then continue to menace the humans.


The humans need to rely on cover to provide any hope of survival, whilst attempting to close the range to allow their weapons a better chance to damage or effect the terminators. The terminators however are better at range & depending on the scenario, can pretty much stand back & blast away.


From some discussions on my previous post about where I was at with the painting of my Zombicide Black Plague, I decided to take a photo to show. Then I took a count & it seems I have 11 of each type of Zombie left to complete.

 
 Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

  1. I was interested to read about the Terminator game having seen it at a very reduced price myself, might still be tempted to pick up a box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have added, I love the final picture, they look amazing as a group.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Michael, of course they will look even more amazing when all completed. I will be sure to post a box-less image of the figures when all are done. Yes as seen in comments below, Dave will need to hurry & purchase whatever he will want, or maybe he is happy with the core box of Terminators for a quick club night game.

      Delete
  2. Lovely looking game it is. I here it going OOP at some point so if you want more bits get them sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon, I would agree. Dave sort of picked it up as it was indeed on sale. We were coaxing him to pursue some more for the game. We shall see.

      Delete
  3. I passed on Terminator in the end but it does look good Terry and the zombie horde looks triff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gobbo. Will be gaming with both the painted & flour doused zombies this coming weekend.

      We spoke briefly about the Terminator game & how it was more or less a stand-alone game. Apart from some of the vehicles, airships, etc. It may seem somewhat limiting to some, though it would make a good game by itself.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for posting the report, Terry.

    The Terminator game is really quite good - interesting and very playable mechanics, the minis are okay-good but not outstanding. At the reduced price I think it's good value, and I'm considering porting over the mechanics for more generic sci-fi skirmish games. The price tag on the "extras" such as characters is a bit steep though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet, though thinking about having an Arnie Terminator is rather appealing, even for some Pulp gaming! Will certainly keep my eyes open for some sales on some of the vehicle/aircraft kits.

      Delete