Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Lest We Forget

 As a Nation & the World, today we pause & reflect on the loss of lives to defend the freedoms we enjoy.


Having myself served, this is the day I also reflect on those with whom I served & that are also no longer with us. I raise my glass on high, whilst tears fall from my eyes.


As I no longer live in Ottawa where the National Ceremony at the War Memorial occurs, I now watch it on TV.

 

  This service is respectfully well attended. 


At the end of the service, those in attendance have taken to placing their poppies on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. This is when my emotions get the better of me & the tears flow.


However this year is different due to the pandemic & the service still occured, but as you can see, it was with many less attendees, at the request of both the Government & the Legion. 


Remembrance Day ceremonies in the nation’s capital featured few crowds amid the pandemic.

I have no doubt that after the official ceremony, many will make their way to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier & again pay their respects with the placing of their poppies.

We Shall Remember Them.

Attached are a couple of music videos that I listen too every year at this time, I now share them with you as well.

Pittance of Time - Terry Kelly

Remembrance Day -Bryan Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment