Tuesday, March 8, 2022

When Darkness Comes - Characters part 2

I've finished up the second set of 2 figures for When Darkness Comes.

 Here we have Kirk & Valerie

 


Again these are metal miniatures representing the prebuilt characters to use in the game. Kirk is likely the best equipped of the figures.

 


I admit, I am not a fan of the square metal bases. The paint gets rubbed off the sharp corners & edges too easily, I see I will be needing to do some touchups as they get used.

Next up are the last 2 of the core box figures, which will likely be my next post....but then odd things happen! 

6 comments:

  1. Another great ppair of figures, I like the fact that they just look like 'ordinary' people. I don;t mind square bass, a lot of my figures have them, but I get that the sharp edges could be a pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, those sharp edges bring a whole new meaning to being rubbed the wrong way

      Delete
  2. These are both great likeness of the characters in the artwork which makes a change when people usually make items like this. Great paint jobs on them both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done….perhaps extra Matt vanish on the bases might help for a while at least ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt, yes they will get some attention & treatment after the gaming retreat. I can see them getting some use in other games! As long as I can get the players to use the base edges to grasp, it should minimise the damage. One of those challenges when playing with traditionally boardgamers

      Delete