The objectives of this scenario were to collect all the objectives ( a total of 7) & then get back off the board where the survivors entered
Wanda skated over & opened the first building, we quickly found the old inhabitants.
As well an A-Bomb-ination had spawned & was making its way towards us. Luckily the party had found a bottle & a can of gasoline, so quickly prepared a molotov. We then back-tracked to clear a path so Ned could lob the zone clearing device onto it.
The group cleared the first block without a scratch & had ratcheted up quite a number of xp points. However our delay in dealing with the swarms caught up to us when we tried to move into the centre block. Ned & Amy got cut off as the Skinner Runners ran in. This caused Amy & Ned to suffer 7 wounds. (Remember for the campaign the players have 5 wounds)
Then they got stuck in & separated from the others. The Skinner Walkers then got a free move which was the death of both survivors. Two Zombivores are created.
As well the remaining 4 survivors had also taken wounds from this skinner action.
Things were looking bleak, no headway could be made, even though they mowed the zombies down. Then the death knell struck
So at this point we will likely shelve the campaign for a bit, which will allow me to get more of the miniatures painted.
Some points taken.
1) A couple of the players dislike the free actions given to zombies of a type when the pool of them runs dry & their card is drawn. Personally I like this rule. It will not likely happen with the original Zombies as I have a second complete set due to the Kickstarter.
2) We had 2 players sitting over red, a couple even got to double red & were garnering all sorts of skills. For the first while until some of the move again cards came out, the players seemed untouchable. So it was good to see that even those you think may be invincible can fall.
3) As this was intended to be a long campaign, I allowed each player 5 wounds vs 2. Is this too much? Should I make it that those who get past each tier of red gain another wound for next time?
4) I started the campaign with the Berserkers, Toxic, Crows & Zombie Dogs. Should I set these to trigger entry into the campaign by the attaining of red tiers of survivors?
5) The scenarios were taking a long time to play. Our typical club night is roughly 2 hours before people start looking at the clock. Perhaps as Chen suggested, taking a photo of situations, but those could be very cumbersome to try to reset them to where they left off. If it was at my house, then it wouldn't be an issue. Something to dwell on.
I've also thought about using the objectives more to assist in finding particular items like scenario 1 needing the rice, water & other item, perhaps using different coloured objectives on the underside that drop one of the required items.
So lots of good ideas have been formulated from this run of the campaign. Thanks to those who partook & any feedback of likes/dislikes are welcome