Tuesday, May 18, 2021

BEF - The Arrival of the 12th Lancers

While I work away at the infantry elements, I am also working on some more of the vehicles I have for the force.

Today I completed 2 Morris Armoured Cars, which were exclusively used by the 12th Lancers. There were a total of 38 of them deployed to France in 1939-40


 I used the same colour palette as the other Infantry tanks, as they were not part of the Armoured Division.

 

I replaced the lead axles with wood toothpicks to make them stronger, however when it was all dried, I noticed that the chassis must be somewhat skewed, as the wheels don't fit flat. It is the same for both vehicles, but something I can live with. Any complaints will see a German solder placed under said raised wheel.


These vehicles were armed with a Bren Gun & Boys AT Rifle in the open topped turret. 

10 comments:

  1. Great looking wheels! Gonna race 'em for pinks? ;^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Will. Not familiar with that term/phrase.

      Delete
    2. https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/0eba89b9-3006-4ca7-b7a4-0c2b4fd8853c

      Delete
    3. From the movie Grease - racing for pink slips, aka ownership papers :-)

      Delete
  2. Hey Nice stuff. Is this for a Bolt Action force?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jon, they certainly could be, but my ruleset of choice is Chain of Command these days

      Delete
  3. Wonderful looking vehicles (though I wouldn't want to be in their crew) and cracking paint job; sam the chassis is a bit skewed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, yes, it wasn't discovered until after the glue had dried & I flipped them off of their backs. Oh well. if I decide to mount them on a base I can cover that up with rubble.

      Delete
  4. I like these models very much. Much like the later Marmon Herrington that has similar lines, they just look cool.

    Great job on the paint jobs and as for the twisted axels, eh, it's a small price to pay to have good looking kit on the table. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai, I have 2 more from another company that I found whilst digging around looking for some early Russian stuff for a friend. They will be getting done later down the line.

      Delete