Sunday, February 13, 2022

Thunder Alley - Start Your Engines!

We have a gaming group. Its quite an ecclectic mix of folks, with quite a range of interests.

One of those fellows has Thunder Alley & prior to the pandemic skewing all of our lives, was speaking about running a campaign using it.

 

I am not a big racing game fan, however the times we've played this game has been enjoyable, with just enough 'screw your buddy' moments to keep it entertaining. With that being said, I've taken a break from my BEF project to work on some 3d printed cars to give to 'that fellow' for his eventual campaign.

As most things these days, I found some cars on Thingeverse by someone named Dobbalena. Having printed them out, it was now time to start getting them painted.

 So today I completed the first 2 teams. Blue & Black.

 


As I wanted to add something more than just painting the number on top, I found some logos online & scaled them down to cut out & glue to give the vehicles a bit more zap!

 


The Pink Team is currently ready to go as well, with the logos drying before I add some wash & varnish. So  thats about it for my hobby time this week. Until next!

6 comments:

  1. I'm not a big fan of race games, though I do have a few boardgames types (I thik it was Wadddinton's Formula ONe that started it) and I'm not averse to giving anything a try.
    Well done getting so many models completed and the additional stickers etc. really improved them.
    QUick question though, just how big are these cars - there's no way of telling by the photos, but they look small.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, I am the same...not a big fan, however this game seemed different as your actions can totally burn someone who is trailing you. As a stock car game, the cards are either push/pull meaning you will push the cars ahead or pull the ones behind you. Interesting mechanics. The cars are small, maybe 18mm? I just printed them without scaling from the files I got. I won't know for sure until such time as we can place them on the gameboard.

      Delete
  2. Cute little things. Nice prints from hear too?

    Not a big race game person either but I too will give most games a chance, so go team pink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think many of us will be just happy to get back to playing with friends, the game is a sideline to the social aspect

      Delete
  3. Those are pretty neat Terry, I have the Formula D board game that those might be good for though I think they'd need to be scaled even smaller.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivor, I don't have the game, so am curious as to how they will fit on the board. My hope is that the file originator used the correct scale when he made them. Of course if you have the counter, you could measure it & use those values to define your printing ones.

      Delete