Thursday, November 10, 2022

Stargrave - Data Banks

With our next Campain game rapidly approaching, I needed to get a hold of some Computer Data Banks (25 to be exact).

 So it was off to Thingeverse where I found a simple design by Baldius.  

Loading up my larger FDM printer I was able to get them all printed in 1 pass.

 

Next up it was time to paint them....so what colour scheme to go with? I tried a couple of different ones before settling on Midnight Blue as the overall base colour.

 

This was followed by light green 'lighting' which was then given a splash of Hexwraith Flame technical paint. Last was painting the screen black before adding the printed imagery for the screen.


For the screen I just searched for 'Matrix' style imagery & then lightened the colours on it prior to printing. The first print was quite saturated with black & it was hard to see the green bars.


I also set one to have a different screen (should I have need for one in the future). I was also able to find more files on Thingeverse for the Air Mine holes, but that will be for another post. Thanks for stopping by!

 

 

5 comments:

  1. Nice work! I need to get myself a 3D printer...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but owning the 3d printer is just part of the equation, You need the files to print & this is where we need to thank all those who produce & post their files on Thingverse for all the various game systems that need this type of stuff.

      Delete
    2. Oh absolutely! I'm already subscribed to a couple of patreons that make 3D files.

      Delete
  2. You've come a long way since your initial printing efforts - these look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, I still get my moments & its always a joy to see a successful print!

      Delete