Saturday, March 4, 2023

Did somebody cry Wolf?

Another week of a quick deadline as I needed to get a bunch of wolves painted up for this Sunday's Mordheim game.

I dug through my one GW plastic figures box & discovered I had 12 wolves on sprue from 1992. I am thinking they are likely from a goblin wolfrider box set. However they would fit the bill for my needs.

I got them glued together & glued to the bases on Tuesday. Wednesday the black lava paste was added to the bases.


Thursday the temps rose above 0 so I was able to prime them all black ( what luck!) & then I was able to start painting them Thursday evening until now.

 


I am continuing with the Slap Chop method of painting & to be honest, would not likely have gotten them all done if I had not.

 


I used a several ranges of contrast/speed/dipping inks to get these wolves ready. Last night was painting the mouths, & eyes. 

 


This morning before heading out to do our shopping the matte varnish was sprayed & ground cover was applied. They were ready for these photos on my return & are now ready to tear some opponents apart.

6 comments:

  1. Nice pack of doggos Terry! Painted impressively fast too, bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai, hope to keep this going! Trying to get off my computer by 9pm to spend a screen-less hour with hobby & painting

      Delete
  2. I can't recollect seeing these models before and they look a lot better than my six (metal) figures that I got from who knows where. Despite oyour apparent speed painting these they lok the part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, as I mentioned, I believe they were part of the Gobin wolf riders from the 90's. The sprue shows a 1992 date on them.

      Delete