Saturday, March 25, 2023

Test Printing the Bridge of the Nostrom

OK, so the title is missing an o, but thats intentional.

I've just finished another 'test' print job for LV-427, on one of their newest projects. What is that project? Well I am not 100% sure, but I think it has to do with a 3d printed version of the boardgame Alien: Fate of the Nostromo, which to be fair, I hadn't heard about until seeing a post on the Lv-427 facebook group

 ALIEN: Fate of the Nostromo, Ravensburger, 2021 — front cover (image provided by the publisher)

So here it is all set up. Mark wanted me to post about it, so I will do him a solid on that.


And here it is on from the other view


So, with my curiosity piqued, I ran out & picked up a copy of the game, which some are referring too as 'Nemesis Light'. I am cool with that & the folks at the club can expect that I will be bringing this out sometime soon.

As for some more test printing....discussions are occuring so stay tuned!

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Great idea.... Begs the question from the film, what did happen to the rest of the crew of the Nostromo.. ten bridge crew and that also suggests a lot of other crew too, like, as many as the early Enterprise crew?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The crew of the Nostromo was actually quite small. Think of the Nostomo itself as a tugboat pulling huge containers of ore from mining operations.

      Delete
  2. That is one beautiful print. was it odne as a singlepiece, because if so, it is even more impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, it is multi-part, there are 9 tiles making up the base.

      Delete