Sunday, July 2, 2023

A Little Bit Chaotic!

 With it being the Canada Day Weekend here, and my then needing to stay available to assist with Wildfire monitoring for the company I work for, its been a stay-at-home, weekend.

However that also provided me an opportunity to get a bunch of figures painted.

First up was finishing off the remaining 5 Chaos Hounds I had previously built & were sniffing around the paint table since.


With this batch I went for darker hindquarters on them.


Again this was mainly 'speed painted' furs.


Then finished up using normal painting.

 


Then it was onto a batch of figures I needed to complete for the next Mordheim game. 

I had this box of plastic Sylvaneath...though I will still call them treekin or dryads.


They were multipart, having to glue each head, arms & back branches, which allowed for a wide variety & created 16 of them from the box.


Again, they were speed painted with Army Painter Dark Wood.


 I then used a speed paint followed by lighter regular paint edging on the skirts.


I opted to use a parchment colour for their mouths, thinking on the light colours found within real trees.

 


Now I look forward to the game next weekend to culminate our Road to Mordheim campaign. 

Thanks for visiting






4 comments:

  1. Great to see the mass-production of models for a particular gam, knowng that they will be used imminently is a great incentive to get them finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, it seems my lot in life to always be chasing the next event with crunch time prep!

      Delete
  2. Hounds will be nice additions and those dryads are excellent - similar colours to what I'd have gone with. Good stuff Terry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai, they are definately made for speed painting!

      Delete