Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Racing towards Zomtober!

As October draws ever nearer, I am still focussed on getting the remainder of the core Zombicide zombies finished this year. Then I want to run a campaign (if I can find the players committed enough!)

With that in mind, I've completed another batch of Runners.


Seems I had 1 left from the previous batch who got missed, so he joined the undead femme fatale's of this heat.

 



Again I used a combination of speed/contrast & normal paints to complete them.

 


I am still not 100% happy with the slapchop I am doing & think its because I am not using enough white..something to work on. It's not too bad on the zombies as they have their muted undead flesh colour anyway.

 


Another thing I tried this round, is making some discarded (or dropped) cans of food.

 


I have a bunch of labels printed from when I was doing Objectives. I found I had some rounded rods of sprue from some figure line which fit the bill.

 


Granted I haven't gone so far as to make the tins hollow, that will take some thought & time, though it isn't impossible. 

 Off to play Thunder Alley this eve & Necromunda on Thursday, so its going to be a busy week. 

4 comments:

  1. Dunno why Terry, but that first pic reminded me of that Monty Python skit where the bloke has chosen his own method of execution whereby he's being chased by a gaggle of half naked women off a cliff!

    Nice additions to the horde though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Segway Dai, as I just spent the weekend at the Edmonton Fan Expo where I did my Tim the Enchanter Cosplay

      Delete
  2. I think your paintjob is adequate enough for most gamers and a lot better than a lot of my zeds, but with the addition of the detritis on their bases raises their look 100%.
    Job well done, I'd say.

    ReplyDelete