Sunday, October 4, 2026

Zomtober 2026! Week 1

 And just like that its time for....


As I was trying to figure out what miniatures I wanted to do for this month's festivities, I was digging through my many miniature bins & came up with these oldies from the early 1980's

These Citadel pre-slotta figures were originally part of the Fantasy Tribes ranges of figs, where you could buy the same figure with variant heads, etc. You can learn more about them from this fantastic source of old-school miniatures Lost Minis Wiki


These metal miniatures, whilst amazing in their time, likely don't hold up well with todays standards & will certainly be smaller than today's 28mm standards.


I had the good fortune of having RAFM located in my home town, so every time I was home on leave, would visit the factory & buy about $100 in miniatures to take back for use in our D&D games.


You can see an example of the variant heads on the 2 wildy swinging zombies. One of them has an eyeball hanging out of the socket.



You will see them randomly appear in my Frostgrave & similar system games going forward.

I am working on some of the Mantic Zombies for next week.

Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment