Monday, December 30, 2013

As the Curtain Falls

Well its that time of year when everyone begins posting their accomplishments for the past to see if they've attained the goals set out at the beginning of the year. So I've aptly named this post As the Curtain Falls.


I know that I am a slow painter, often needing the urge to pick up the brush. Having taken on some commissions has forced me to have more of those urges. I can say this has not been a bad thing at all.

In fact as I tallied up what I had completed I was mildly surprised.

This year I managed to complete a shocking

150          28mm Miniatures
23            Objective Markers for the HOTT Campaign
8              28mm Pirate Ships
6              28mm Skiff/Rowboats

I have a couple more near completion, but with the weather tanking again in temperature, my wife hauling me out shopping, its unlikely they will be completed until the beginning of the New Year. Many of the miniatures were consignments for my friend Brent.

So I will end the year off on a nice round number. Taking stock of what lies ahead, yes more Pirates, in fact another 3 crews worth. I've started on the In Her Majesty's Name thanks to the receipt of the Basius moulds.

Brent has asked that I get all the expansion Zombicide characters painted up for him...then of course I will need to redo them again for myself. This will also require that all those Zombies will need to worked on as well. Brent will likely also have other models he will want painted up, but that will be discussions for him & I.

I could laughingly say I paint his up for practice to make mine perfect, but perfection is in the eye of the beholder & I put the same care into all the miniatures I paint. So he can rest assured that his will be as good as my own.

So here is hoping everyone has a Safe Happy New Year & I look forward to seeing all those Christmas Miniatures make their way onto the various blogs I follow.

Cheers!

6 comments:

  1. I was never worried in the least that you were doing a good job.

    In fact, I would go so far as to say I have been thrilled with the work you are doing for me - honestly thrilled. No bull.

    Peace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brent. Looking forward to painting more for you this coming year.

      Delete
  2. Not a bad 2013, but here's to an even more productive 2014.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, I am setting my goals as I type this. Of course all those will likely fly out the window once All's Quiet on the Martian Front lands at my door. But we shall see.

      Delete
  3. Kudos on the productivity (I say that as an even slower painter). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pulp, I was surprised myself as I don't usually think about totals or quotas when painting. This was discovered only after going back thru all my posts for 2013 & adding them all up.

      Delete