Saturday, March 13, 2021

3D Printed Bears

Getting home early from today's outing, I managed to get a bit of hobby time this aft to finish off the 4 bears I had printed on my FDM printer. You can see where they came from on the earlier post in my blog. These are for use in Frostgrave/Rangers of Shadow Keep, though I am sure many other systems will see them too!


 So of course it was an opportunity to try a few different palettes. Using different base colours (Tan, Yellow Ochre & Grey), I then used different GW contrast paints (Gore Grunta Fur, Wyldwood & Basillium Grey)

 


This was followed by some drybrushed hi-lights on the raised fur tufts & bellies, again using Yellow Ochre & Raw Linen. I didn't do much with the little pads under their feet as I am undecided as to whether to leave them as is or base the bears further.


 As the final thoughts, I think I am happiest with how the bear on the right hand side turned out best, with the use of the Wyldwood contrast as I believe it captures most what a Grizzly looks like.

Up next I have some barricade scatter bits that I want to get off the paint table. 

2 comments:

  1. I like these bears - definitely Grizzlies and yes, that far right one looks excellent, good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai, Once the temp in the basement warms up, I will be able to start using my resin 3d printer (which has a very different learning curve from the fdm) to start producing more miniatures with finer details.

      Delete