Thursday, March 25, 2021

The Adventurers - Temple of Chac Project

So after pondering from my last post as to what I would focus on next, I was looking through the boxes of primed figures I have & decided it was time to paint up another set of figures from one of my boardgames.

 So I decided to start with The Adventurers - Temple of Chac.

 


There are a total of 12 characters for this game, so you can expect to see them all over the next while.

Up first we have Mustafa Ibrahin.

 


He is the son if a Sahara Caravaneer, used to travelling the great desert & has remarkable physical resources. His special ability is Stamina

 

So as seen from above each character has a special ability that they may use once during the game.

 Guess you will need to stay tuned to see who will be next to the paint table. 

6 comments:

  1. NOt a game I'd heard of, but the characters look very good and what a paint-job !
    Looking forward to seeing the rest of the adventurers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zabadak, This was the first of 2 games put out for "The Adventurers" This one was very Indiana Jones like, complete with rolling boulder. You can see the post of the game we played at the club here http://miniature-mayhem.blogspot.com/2020/03/the-adventurers-temple-of-chac.html

      Delete
  2. I like the character design and your paintjob is very true to the art. Good stuff Terry, looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai! With all my boardgame miniatures I always appreciate having artcards to use as my palette, as I believe it makes it easier for the player to see their characters. I've always hated those coloured rings to clip on, mainly as I base all miniatures on washers for weight & using on magentic sheets for storage.

      Delete
  3. Great stuff Terry! While I have both the Adventurers games, the Pyramid of Horus is easily my favorite 😀 but the boulder is a great mechanic in the Temple! Definitely looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivor, I also have both & agree that Pyramid of Horus is a better game, likely due to learnings from this one. It was unfortunate there were no further follow-up games to the series. Glad I have both however & they are great beer & pretzel games.

      Delete