Sunday, September 26, 2021

Stargrave - More Precious Cargo

Spent today's paint session finishing up some more of the cargo piles from Lv-427 Designs (link in my previous post).

 


Now that I've got my scaled images, I am having more fun adding them to my containers. So far I've just got the Weyland Yutani & Zorg ones, but today's musings made me think of the Tyrell Corporation, another Juggernaut of industry!

 


I went with a bit less weathering on these sets of barrels, not applying rust this time around, just the dings & grubbiness of cargo.

 


Also I finished up the first batch of the second cargo pile pieces. These consist of cannisters with a computer pad on top of them.

 


I went with a quick  contrast paint wash over the base colours & this allowed for a much quicker paint job.

 


Without a lot of room for decals, I just added a small one atop the larger container lid.

 


Another image with figures for scale.

 


That completed my painting session for today, though I did get more stuff started, as well as further work on the remainder of these cargo piles. 

4 comments:

  1. These all look really good Terry. All this scatter will certainly bring the table top to life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon, I've found I have been busy with small stuff & not getting my crews painted, must be a phase. Going to need to tackle the larger terrain buildings, etc as well.

      Delete
  2. I guess you can never have to muach cover/scatter terrain and these are good additions to your growing collection. I like that they look completely different when viewing from a different angle too and your painting doesn't ha;#lf help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, though after finishing these up, I need to think about some of the bigger terrain pieces.

      Delete