Friday, October 15, 2021

Stargrave - In the News!

 I recently pulled out a box of my Deadzone 1st Ed Kickstarter stuff. Yes it was covered in dust. Anyway, one of the boxes I have contains a bunch of scatter terrain, which when looked at is 3d resin printed pieces. As I continue getting stuff primed for the winter painting season, here are some of the first pieces I painted up.

These 'NEWS' Kiosks are 3 sided affairs & come with a separate base. They also include the images for the 3 faces.

 


I then added one of my tiny printed label pieces onto the spines. Here they are with a figure for scale. These will do nicely as LOS blocks & will also see use in Core Space or any Cyberpunk gaming.

 


Also a couple more containers are now complete from the box as well. These were nice clean sculpts & were quick to paint.

 


The same 2 containers stacked to show the details on the end.

 


And 1 final image with a figure for scale.

 


Up next will be the remaining Space Zombies for my weekly Zomtober entry this weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Like I’ve said previously mate, the more scatter on. A table the better it looks. Love everything here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai, even though most games tend to take place on bombed out, barren spaces, I like the idea of doing some populated games with civilians & stuff running around. Core Space does just that with civilians who may or may not join your crew as NPC's.

      Delete
  2. What great pieces of scatter terrain to get finished; I love finally getting bit from the pile of unfinished pieces ready to get on the table. They may not be much, but they're very effective- love the generic crates and the simple additionof a label makes them 'pop'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, now that I've got the scaling of labels & stuff down & printed on normal copy paper, I need to go to the next level & take the plunge to make decals of these. I know it will involve removing the 'white' backgrounds & such & I think there is an image format that has that. Would hate to print out a decal sheet & have it all white behind the image. Stay tuned to see how that transpires.

      Delete