Monday, November 15, 2021

Stargrave - Spartan Games Armoury Set

In my previous post where I was working with some of the items I receieved with my Deadzone Kickstarter, I was looking at the boxart on the Spartan Games set I had picked up at a swap meet.

 


I tried emulating the palette then & now completed the actual box contents for this set. These are all resin pieces.

 


Mostly used craft paints on these (as I often do with terrain type pieces). Here is an image with figures for scale.

 


The crates themselves have separate lids. I thought about adding some company logoing but opted to just leave them generic. There is one piece (the Kiosk) which I didn't add to the image as it used clear plastic pieces (the glue is now drying) & to be fair it wouldn't likely show up well in a photo.

 

Now onto the next project....wonder what it will be? 

4 comments:

  1. Great set and wellmatched to the others you've completed. I like that you have both open and shuttered down lockers too. The four small crates with their almost identical interiors could easily be used as objective markers too.
    Job well done I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, they were pretty clean sculpts, very little in the way of edges that needed trimming. I've been thinking of several uses for them in Stargrave, 5 parsecs from home & Core Space. Basically some weapon smuggler or a weapons merchant. Your right, the crates could indeed be the objectives for a scenario.

      Delete
  2. Love it, this set looks fab now I see it proper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai, its a shame the company folded, there were some comments as to who may have the sculpts now on my facebook feeds. With Stargrave being such a blast, now would be a good time for them to relaunch/repackage them!

      Delete