Sunday, December 4, 2022

Middle Earth SBG - Helms Deep & Pelennor Fields

I was invited out to participate in some LOTR Miniatures gaming today. There was going to be 2 scenarios running. The Battle of Helms Deep & Pelennor Fields.

I assisted by bringing my 2 GW Fortress sets - Helms Deep & Minas Tirith, which were used. For Helms Deep I was scrambling last night to set up extra wall pieces & then had to come up with a plan to have the gate house raised. This in turn led me needing to make a quick ramp. Its amazing what can be managed at crunch time.

 Here are the images from the Helms Deep game, which I didn't play in.









 

From what I heard, it was a hard fought victory for the forces of good.

On the second table, where we played the Battle of Pelennor fields, things were looking grim for the forces of Sauron as Theoden arrived with his mounted troops, while on the other flank Aragorn arrived with the Grey Company & the Army of the Dead.

 





We were able to take down Aragorn, though it drained most of Gothmogs abilities.

Eventually the second wave arrived in the form of 3 Mumaks & the Easterling Cavalry. The Mumaks turned the tide, and we were lucky enough to win Priority when 2 of them went berserk & trampled.

 






At that Point the Witch King had arrived & with the stampeding Mumaks, destroyed the Rohan mounted troops & many of their Heroes thus winning the day for Mordor! 

Made for a good day of gaming! Thanks for inviting me. 

4 comments:

  1. Two great looking games and playing in either I think would have been great fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, I believe there is the intent to set this up again at some point with the players switching tables.

      Delete