Monday, June 28, 2021

Stargrave - Dante's Revenge: Jared & Djineer

Today I have 2 more members of the Dante's Revenge crew completed. Here we have Djineer & Jared (by Bob Naismith)

 


It's likely Djineer will be a fixer or hacker of some type once the crew roster is built, while Jared seems like a fixer of another type. Obviously ex military with a bit of a backstory.

 


As well I was chatting with one of my friends & we were discussing the Data & Objective markers for Stargrave. A quick visit to Thingeverse yielded up some files by Obsidian Prime 

 


After looking through the files I chose some to represent both a Data & a Objective token. I then reduced their scales as I didn't want to have a HUGE laptop marker on the table. We generally have markers kept beside those carrying them, so it will be more visual at the smaller scales. 

 

Here Jared poses with some of the markers. I liked the cannister & opted to print them out in 2 sizes for now. I will likely do a post on them once I get them painted up, but just wanted to show them & give Obsidian Prime some activity on his files! 

6 comments:

  1. Great job on Jared and Djineer those markers will be perfect when painted. I am mooching for items myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon. I've been seeing lots of items being used on the Stargrave Facebook. One fella has been using bits of a circuit board for data objectives. Such great ideas floating out there. I've ben snagging items from Thingeverse to print out.

      Delete
  2. great pair of figures that wouldn;t look out of place in other genres (zombie, wateland etc.) and well done re-scalin gth eobjective pieces too - they look very useful, even just as additional 'flavour' scenic items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, yes they do certainly fit into some alternate settings as well. The rescaling of items in 3d printing is a bit of a crapshoot, as apart from using your x/y/z sizes to get an idea of height/size your otherwise guessing. There is no scalebars to use as you move the figures around etc. Just one of the things to be aware of is all.

      Delete
  3. Liking these. Some fun character to them. For 3D prints, the quality is rather good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai, Bob has been putting out some fantastic figures on his Patreon. You will see them when I get them printed & painted here!

      Delete