Friday, June 25, 2021

The British Invasion hits the Doorstep

Today has been a busy parcel day, with both postal & UPS arrivals. It seems the orders I made to Crooked Dice & Northstar made an agreement to make this a great Friday!

First up was the recent release of 7TV Fantasy, a new skirmish ruleset to place up alongside Dragon Rampant & Song of Blades series. This will further allow the multi-use of figures who are based singly to clash.

 

At the same time, I've been following "Brummies Wargaming blog" for some time & often noted his posts on a ruleset called 7TV. With the recent arrival of the Lurkers Kickstarter & my support of both the Apocolypse & Pulp systems from Crooked Dice, I figured it was time to complete the set. Thus I also purchased the 7TV core rules.

 


Northstar also recently released the new multi-part Western figures for Dead Man Hand & made by Great Escape Games. 

 


Nick also alluded to some sales on the Bargain Bin page at his store where he had several rail car types from Forground on sale. They were also quickly slid into the order to fill out my western themed train set. Being as they are already black this should be a quick win to build them!

 




So as I say, it was a good Friday! 

3 comments:

  1. Whata wonderful Friday you had !
    I like the soundof 7TV but refuse to start yeat another project, but it does sound as if you're sold on it already.
    The western additions would meet my approval, if I was inot that scale (what western rles do you use - or will use?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, I am quite drawn to skirmish level games. As to which particular western rules I would/could use...I have quite a few. Blackwater Gultch, The Rules with No Name, Legends of the Old West(GW rules), Dracula's America, Pulp Alley, Dead Man's Hand....there could be a couple more I've forgotten.

      Delete
    2. THe choice of rules has become quite a problem for me, considering how many are on the market - and their respective prics ! Rule shave come a long way since I started in the 1970s with th "old West Skirmish rules".

      Delete