Sunday, May 1, 2022

Last of the Woods

With the completion of the final 5 tree/wood hexes, my Forest project is now completed, at least as far as what I wanted to have for my gaming table.

These are the larger tree armatures. I used a different style of woodland scenic foliage on these ones as compared to the others.


The version I used is kind of on a fine mesh & is it ever messy. You snip a piece of it off & then stretch it out, the bits of sponge attached then representing the leaf cover. Of course lots of these sponge bits end up all over the place while doing this

It does create a nice effect when done however. So what's next on the paint table? 

I have some of the Song of Ice & Fire Kickstarter terrain which I did previously, however never finished off with ground cover, so that will be a quick task to check off another 'unfinished' project.

Then it will likely be the Bloodbowl team commision I've taken on for a fellow from work.

2 comments:

  1. These look very effective trees and make a welcome (Imho) change from the usual fir trees we see,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, but to be fair, the fir trees are certainly easy, hence why everyone like them!

      Delete